Self Harm eLearning
Some of the topics covered include:
How do young people self-harm; how common is it; why do people self-harm; case studies; reasons for self-harm; who is at risk; attitudes to self-harm; severity of self-harm; responding; schools and teaching about self-harm referral; special schools/residential and foster care; health services; resources for help and advice; pro-harm sites; and alternatives to self-harm.
This is course contains different sections (see the list below).
To move between the sections - once you have successfully completed your assessment and closed the screen - go back to the course and click “continue” to access the next section.
1. Introduction to Self-Harm
2. Self Harm - how to respond
See Learning outcomes below
In this course you will learn:
• Why young people self-harm, the risk-factors
• Common misconceptions & attitudes towards self-harm
• How to respond
• What schools should do to address self-harm
• When to refer for professional help
• How someone should be treated in a healthcare setting